How we're addressing COVID-19
Dear Harps Customers,
As your Hometown Grocer, we at Harps Food Stores take your family's health and safety as a priority. That is why we have implemented specific policies and procedures moving forward to keep our stores clean and stocked. We believe in providing our customers with the best overall experience and want to make you aware of these steps we have set in place.
Ultimately, nobody knows how extensive this outbreak will be. We are closely monitoring both state and federal agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers and associates. Your health and well-being are important to us.
At Harps, we are taking the steps below to protect our valued customers and associates:
- We encourage anyone who might be at a higher risk of contracting the COVID-19 to shop during our slowest time, early morning.
In Our Stores
- Following all sanitation policies for both Harps and the Health Department.
- Providing extra hand sanitizer in all departments and checkout lanes.
- Disinfectant wipes are available for shopping carts, baskets, phones, doorknobs, keyboards, etc.
- Facial tissue is available in all departments.
- Continuing to keep disinfectants available in all departments.
- Cleaning and disinfecting check stands, check-writing platform, and customer service counters.
- Displaying an informative poster for how to Stop the Spread of Germs at the time clock, breakroom, all departments and anywhere else the store deems beneficial.
- Frequently sanitizing and restocking supplies.
- Limiting quantities on specific products so that we will be able to meet the needs of all customers.
- Working diligently to secure the products our customers need.
For Our Customers
- Encouraging social distancing of at least 6 feet from other customers and associates.
- Continuing to provide our customers with free disinfectant wipes at our store entrances to sanitize their shopping carts or baskets.
- Recommending that our customers also practice safe food handling at home. For more information about food safety, customers can long on to the FDA website at https://www.fda.gov/food/recalls-outbreaks-emergencies.
For Our Associates
- Displaying of the (COVID-19) FAQ list from the CDC near the time clock.
- Store management teams are to cover and share the list above with all department managers, closing managers, office managers, scanning personnel and front-end managers.
- Encouraging our associates to closely monitor their health and well-being, as well as staying home if a household family member is ill.
- Emphasizing cough and sneeze etiquette as well as proper hand hygiene.
- Ensuring that adequate supplies are maintained throughout all departments, breakrooms and pharmacy areas.
- Providing financial support from our Crisis Fund a company-sponsored employee assistance fund to associates who may be directly affected.
To our customers, associates & communities:
Our goal is to be there when you need us. The communities that we serve are our priority. Thank you so much for putting your trust in us and shopping with Harps.
Kim B. Eskew
President and CEO
Harps Food Stores, Inc.
If you have any additional questions regarding our response to Covid-19, please contact us
Please see our COVID-19 Refund Policy
Last updated March 16, 2020